KSLU Underwriting Policy
- KSLU must abide by FCC Public Radio guidelines and abstain from using promotional language, calls to action, inducements to buy, sell, rent or lease, and pricing information in underwriting announcements.
Impermissible pricing information includes information regarding a product or services price, including interest rate information or other indications of savings or value associated with the product.
"7.7% interest rate available now."
"Tickets are $2.50 and $1.50 for students."
Calls to action
"Stop by our showroom to see a model."
"Try product X next time you buy oil."
Inducements to Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease
"Six months of free service."
"A bonus available this week."
"Special gift for the first 50 visitors."
- KSLU underwriting announcements are not to exceed 30 seconds in length.
- KSLU may refuse an underwriter's support and not air its announcements if the announcements are deemed to have an adverse affect on KSLU's potential revenue (by causing other donors to not underwrite).
- KSLU will provide underwriting announcements for religious entities provided that the announcements abide by KSLU's underwriting policy, Public Radio guidelines, and are informative but not religious or proselytizing in nature.
- As a state-owned public radio station, KSLU does not accept political underwriting announcements.